BGE’s Red Excell filter is designed for use in industrial and commercial HVAC systems. Suitable for installation where dust-loading conditions are particularly heavy, Red Excell filters also serve as excellent prefilters to higher efficiency filters.
BGE's Red Excell is available with MERV 8 efficiency.
Dust Holding Capacity
Due to the loading that occurs throughout the depth of the media pad, the Red Excell filter has the highest dust holding capacity when compared to conventional pleated panel filters.
The Red Excell filter is available in 2" and 4" depths.
The initial resistance of the Red Excell results are:
0.32 in.w.g. for the 2" MERV 8
0.36 in.w.g. for the 4" MERV 8
We recommend the final resistance of: 0.60 in.w.g.
Key Features & Benefits
- Increased Dust Holding Capacity – The Red Excell filter has the highest dust holding capacity when compared to conventional pleated panel filters. This is achieved due to the loading that occurs throughout the depth of the media pad.
- High Compression Strength – Specially formulated thermoset resin forms a strong bond at each point where fibers intersect, resisting compression in the air stream. As the dirt load builds and resistance increases, the media maintains its thickness without collapsing or face-loading
- Heavy Duty Construction – constructed using moisture-resistant beverage board with expanded metal retainers on both the air entering and air leaving sides. The entire frame perimeter is secured by a waterproof wrap
- Increased Energy Savings – Optimizing the change-out cycle of the Red Excell can lead to energy savings of over 30% compared to pleated panel filters.
- Highly Viscous Adhesive – The wicking action of the highly viscous adhesive enables it to cling to the fibers and thoroughly saturate each dirt particle
Request an Indoor Air Quality Assessment with BGE Today
Are you ready to build an indoor air environment that is customized based on your needs? Reach out to us to book a free air quality assessment with one of our advisors.