Your Resource for IAQ Expertise
Get company news, product updates and more directly to your inbox.
Want to connect with BGE?
Get in touch and our advisors will determine the right solution for you.
Call toll free at 1-866-436-6960 or email us:
We believe in continually working to improve our sustainability practices in all aspects of our work at BGE. Through our business and specific practices, we hope to leave a positive impact on our environment.
We are committed to the development and implementation of a Waste Management/Recycling program that creates a waste-free environment within our company and sets us as a leader in the reduction, reuse, and recycling of the waste in our industry. As leaders in quality filtration, we have a direct impact on improving the air that we breathe every day in the places that we live and work. There are several things we are already doing to reduce our environmental impact:
- We manufacture and sell products that have recyclable components. For example, our Bio-Pac® pocket filter in made with recyclable and reusable header components, allowing us to recycle up to 70% weight of the original filter.
- Some of our products have aluminum screens which are the by-product from the bottle capping production process.
- We partner with various recycling companies to make sure we recycle all paper, wood, cardboard, plastic and metal production and packaging waste. Currently, we divert 90% of our manufacturing waste from the landfill.
We are committed to the principle of Sustainable Development by applying environmentally sound practices in our operations. Our guidelines include:
- Meeting or exceeding the environmental regulations set by legislation and contractual obligations.
- Providing an ethical safe work environment for all employees, partners, and stakeholders.
- Promoting the use of good quality products that provide longer lasting filtration solutions, while reducing disposal and energy costs.
- Operating our facilities with minimal impact on the environment.
- Increasing the use of recycled materials in our raw materials, packaging and finished goods.
- Purchasing materials after evaluating the life cycle of the products.
- Incorporating methods to reduce unnecessary packaging.
- Improving the energy efficiency of our facilities and processes by incorporating energy-saving equipment and practices.
- Provide awareness and training for the proper handling, storage, use, transport and disposal of all hazardous products.
- Encouraging the reduction waste and recycling of materials within our manufacturing processes.
- Work to minimize all waste at source, and recycle any generated waste. Set objectives and targets in our Health, Safety and Environment Management system to drive continual improvement of our environmental performance.
All our employees and subcontractors share in this responsibility toward sustainability and are accountable for the successful implementation of these policies. Our management team is empowered to curtail operations, as necessary, to prevent any serious environmental impacts.