AAF’s Varicel VXL is designed for use in commercial and industrial HVAC installations, this filter delivers the desired air quality in difficult operating conditions.
AAF’s VariCel VXL is available in MERV 11, MERV 13, MERV 14, and MERV 15 efficiencies.
Dust Holding Capacity
VariCel VXL filter media is made of microglass paper with a water-repellent binder which is formed using dual density media. This allows particles to be collected throughout the full thickness of the media, substantially increasing dust holding capacity.
The VariCel VXL is available in a 12” depth.
The initial resistance of the VariCel VXL at 500 fpm:
0.29 in.w.g. for MERV 11
0.34 in.w.g. for MERV 13
0.38 in.w.g. for MERV 14
0.38 in.w.g. for MERV 15
The recommended final resistance of the VariCel VXL is 2.0 in.w.g.
VariCel filters are available in MERV 11, MERV 13, and MERV 14 efficiencies. Antimicrobials are available on MERV 14 and MERV 15 efficiencies.
Key Features & Benefits
- 50% more media area provides greater airflow capacity and low resistance
- Maximum dust holding capacity extends the life of the filter, minimizing operating costs.
- Excellent performance in difficult operating conditions.
- Can be used in high-velocity systems, operating at up to 750 fpm.
- Lightweight and easy to install.
- Single and double header models
- MERV 14 and MERV 15 are available with antimicrobials.
- MERV 13 and higher meet LEED® Project Certification efficiency requirements.
- UL Classified
- For sizes and performance data, download PDF spec sheet.
Request an Indoor Air Quality Assessment with BGE Today
Are you ready to build an indoor air environment that is customized based on your needs? Reach out to us to book a free air quality assessment with one of our advisors.